Search
View unanswered posts
Our users have posted a total of
61199 articles
We have 9602 registered users
The newest registered user is
Beulaze

Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentsMetro.com -> About the Site -> New website section poll (we need your opinion)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 05:29 PM    Post subject: New website section poll (we need your opinion) Reply with quote

Hey guys! We are thinking about introducing a new feature to the website: rate my professor. There you will be able to leave your feedback (basically, get back to or thank your teachers for the work they`ve done). Of course, there will be an option to leave an anonymous feedback (in case you donít want ppl to know who left the feedback, and it is going to be one per person per professor) So let us know if you would like to see this feature on the website or not? if yes, what parameters do you think we should include in ratings. Any other good idea? Put them here - will be glad to read them. ttyl Andrey
trancepower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:29 PM     Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is there gonna be only one anonymous feedback per professor? I think you should make it an option for a feedback to be anonymous or not. That way theres gonna be a lot more feedback left. As for me, I dont really care about anonymousity (sp? Razz ). How is it gonna work? Are you gonna have a list of all professors, sorted by schools and programs? And when we click the professor`s name, there are going to be courses displayed where this professor have lectures? That would be a great feature then. Click the name of school, click the name of program, then chose the professor and leave feedback. Very Happy Go for it! NOW! Twisted Evil
admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 01:55 AM     Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably we won`t display the class time, but the rest is how it`s going to work, not sure when, but it will be there soon.
andrey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 07:45 AM     Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, we are probably going to have a list of the professors at every school sorted by school and their last name. We hope it`s gonna help ppl in choosing their prof for he upcoming semester. I donno how it works at all schools but at Georgian we have exactly same courses taught by different profs in the same semester and sometimes it can be a difference of having a nightmare or a fly-by course Shocked So jump in as soon as we get it up and running
neom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 09:48 AM     Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe ratemyteacher.com got their ass sued last year due to liable from a comment posted by a kid on a teacher crying abuse, so make sure you have some mega general legal disclaimer.
andrey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 03:34 AM     Post subject: Reply with quote

defenetly thanx for the tip. We will need to make sure we think it through. Btw could you give some reference on the articles or other sources where i can have a look at it in details. I also believe that our website has much more privacy security. Sence only real students can register on the website you can not do any stupid stuff around here. Btw bunch of other security options coming soon - like profile privacy, so you can cantrol who can c your account and who can`t.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StudentsMetro.com -> About the Site -> New website section poll (we need your opinion)
Page 1 of 1
Terms and Conditions FAQ Landlord Registration Business Registration About Us Contact Us
Copyright © 2006-2007 StudentsMetro.com - Student Jobs & Textbooks for Sale. All rights reserved. Disclaimer Privacy Policy
Web Development